The Historical Utility Glass Foundation aims at a fresh stream of articles on historical glass by stimulating glass collectors, antique dealers, museum curators and co-workers of universities to set their opinions and knowledge on paper. The Foundation is the custodian of a fund from which a biennial prize of € 1000, – will be awarded to the author that submits the best article. Prof. Dr. Ina Isings, emeritus professor of the Archaeological Institute of the Utrecht University and curator of the archaeological collection of the Provincial Society of Art and Sciences in Utrecht has been kind enough togive her name to this award.
At a symposium on November 12, 2016 in the National Museum of Antiquities in Leiden, Netherlands the first Prof. Dr. Ina Isingsprize will be awarded to the article ‘Oddity or ordinary ‘, about an exceptional collection of glass in two cesspools on the Joodenbreestraat in Amsterdam.
For more information about the symposium see the website of the organizers : www.hethistorischgebruiksglas.nl (coming soon).
Call for papers for the second Prof. Dr Ina Isingsprijs (2018)
The members of the board and the jury wholeheartedly invite you to take part in this contest and they look forward with great anticipation to your contributions. The submission deadline for the second round will run until the end of 2017. The prize will be awarded at a symposium in the autumn of 2018.
Specifications for the articles:
· Written in Dutch, German or in English
· Well illustrated, with a maximum of 3500 words
· Not previously published
· Scientifically sound but understandable for an interested outsider
· Submitted as WORD document with illustrations in JPG
· By entry one agrees with the publication of her/his article under the sponsorship of the Historical Utility Glass Foundation.
· For more information about the Foundation: www.hethistorischgebruiksglas.nl