From the exhibition website
The Kunsthistorisches Museum in Vienna possesses one of the most important collections of old masters in the world. These great works of art were gradually collected through the centuries by the archdukes of Austria and the later emperors of the Holy Roman Empire. Following the marriage in 1477 between Mary of Burgundy and Maximilian of Austria there were close links between the ruling house of Habsburg and the Low Countries, a situation which continued until the end of the Ancien Regime in 1789.
Vienna has agreed to lend an outstanding selection of 54 top works, all dating from the 15th and 16th centuries and all originating from the Southern Netherlands. Their artistic merit is unparalleled. For a period of three months paintings by Jan van Eyck, Hugo van der Goes, Hans Memling, Gerard David, Michiel Sittow, Juan de Flandes, Jan Gossaert, Joos van Cleve, Joachim Patinir, Hieronymus Bosch, Pieter Bruegel the Elder and other masters will supplement the already impressive collection of the Groeninge Museum in Bruges.