The Center for Netherlandish Art (CNA), a recently launched research institute housed within the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, seeks applicants for the position of Senior Program Manager.
Under the direction of the Van Otterloo-Weatherbie Director of the CNA, the Senior Program Manager will work with external stakeholders and internal staff across several departments to lead, develop, and implement educational and public programs and special events including a residential fellowship program and summer institute. In these activities, the Senior Program Manager will forge and sustain partnerships with organizations and institutions in the United States, and abroad. The Senior Program Manager will help define and support the overall CNA strategy and partnership development and stewardship, in close collaboration with the Van Otterloo-Weatherbie Director. Having launched in fall 2021, this is an excellent opportunity to help a research center operating within the international scholarly and art museum ecosystems build sustainable programs, structures, and processes for the years to come.
The successful candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment with varied projects and responsibilities, requiring active collaboration with internal staff and clear, professional communication with external stakeholders.
- Lead a residency fellowship program, supervising 3 full-time and 1 short-term fellow annually.
- Lead a biennial summer research institute for PhD students and emerging professionals, in partnership with the Rijksmuseum, RKD – National Institute of Art History, and Harvard Art Museums.
- Lead communications strategy for the CNA.
- Leads CNA Colloquium, an annual event that shares fellows’ research with external audiences
- Alongside the CNA director, works with university and museum partners as well as internal staff across the institution to develop educational and scholarly programs and events that advance the mission of the CNA including symposia, lecture series, and seminars for a range of audiences.
- Participates in CNA collection-sharing initiative, in collaboration with internal and external partners and stakeholders, and aligns the initiative with other facets of the CNA program.
Other duties include:
- Help define and supports overall CNA strategy and partnership development and stewardship, in collaboration with the Van Otterloo-Weatherbie Director.
- Participate in fundraising, especially for programs led, as assigned.
- Make formal presentations and write material for publication.
- Represent the CNA at events, conferences, and public-facing activities.
- Perform other related duties as required or directed.
See the job advertisement for more information and to apply.