The City of Bruges (Stad Brugge) seeks to recruit a Curator of Early Netherlandish Painting and Renaissance Art for Musea Brugge. The curator will be responsible for the City of Bruges’ collection of pre-1584 paintings, which is managed by Musea Brugge.
- You will manage, inventory, research and disseminate information about the collection to the general public and specialist audiences via lectures, publications, exhibitions, digital displays, podcasts, etc.
- You will support and develop the operations of the newly established BRON research center, in collaboration with the director of collection, the librarian and your curatorial colleagues.
- Through this work, you will make an important contribution to Musea Brugge’s image as a scientific institution.
- You will manage the digital and analogue files relating to the sub-collection and keep them up-to-date.
- You will be responsible for the permanent collection presentations at the various museum locations. This will involve close collaboration with your curatorial colleagues and the Public and Exhibitions department.
Applications must be submitted before 9 May 2023.
See for more information the job advert in Dutch at www.werkenbijbrugge.be.