The Gemäldegalerie Alte Meister in Dresden organizes a seven-part series of online lectures on the occasion of the exhibition Johannes Vermeer. On Reflection. These curators’ talks take place from 12 October to 14 December and are either in English or German. Advance registration is required and the event is limited to 500 participants. See the list below for all scheduled events.
Johannes Vermeer. On Reflection
Closing talks with Katja Kleinert, Bart Cornelis and Uta Neidhardt
14 Decemberr 2021 – 19:00 CET
In a closing talk of the online curators’ talks series of the exhibition ‘Johannes Vermeer. On Reflection’, Katja Kleinert (Curator for Dutch and Flemish Art of the 17th Century, Gemäldegalerie, Staatliche Museen zu Berlin), Bart Cornelis (Curator of Dutch and Flemish Paintings 1600-1800, The National Gallery in London) and Uta Neidhardt (Curator of Dutch and Flemish Paintings, Gemäldegalerie Alte Meister) will talk about what the discovery of the Cupid in the Dresden painting means for the research of Vermeer and the paintings from their own collection.
Register for this event via Zoom: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_Jrarw_g2Qce7c4b_FlwRrw
- 12 October: Uta Neidhardt (German)
- 26 October: Gregor Weber (German)
- 9 November: Betsy Wieseman (English)
- 23 November: Silke Gatenbröcke (German)
- 30 November: Xavier Salomon (English)
- 7 December: Friederike Schütt (German)
- 14 December: closing talks with Katja Kleinert, Bart Cornelis and Uta Neidhardt (English)